We would like for you to get your damage deposit returned when you move out, so we ask that you take the time to read over the important information. Be advised, the most expensive deductions from your damage deposit is carpet damage and cleaning. By taking care throughout the year you can save yourself money at move out time.
- PLEASE DO NOT USE nails, screws, pins, glue or sticky tape when hanging items on the wall. It may cause major wall repairs and you will be charged. We highly recommend you use only non-marking poster putty or 3M Command adhesive hooks.
- PLEASE DO NOT put any type of sticky tape or nails on the bedroom, bathroom or closet doors. It will cause major wall and door repairs, and you will be charged for the damages.
- PLEASE DO NOT put duct tape or any other type adhesive products on the carpet to hold down cords. The adhesive may not come off of the carpet and may result in damage that requires your carpet to be replaced.
- PLEASE DO NOT store furniture, chairs, closet doors or any furniture provided by MHM Properties on your balcony. They will become weathered and you will be charged for replacements.
- Broken, stained or burnt furniture, carpet or mattress will be replaced and you will be charged.
- Pets are prohibited in all buildings at all times except with pre-approved written pet leases and pet fee. If it is discovered you have an illegal pet throughout the year, you will be charged $500 pet fine and the animal must be removed immediately. You may be charged for carpet and furniture replacement if there is damage and may add special cleaning of the apartment.
- There is a standard deduction for those apartments with carpet and will be deducted from your damage deposit. We highly recommend you to purchase a small throw rug to put inside the front door and inside the balcony door – this will help protect your carpet from heavy soiling from foot traffics. If you spill something, make sure to clean it up immediately to avoid set in stains.
By taking the extra time to get your apartment ready, you can save money. And remember there is a move-out procedure with a cleaning list available here: Cleaning Checklist
Damage Deposit is returned via US mail approximately 30 days from the end of your lease. It will be mailed to the address you provided to us on your Application Form.
You can change the address to which your Damage Deposit return is mailed by email firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure we have received before checks are processed and mailed, please send it in as early as possible. We may not be able to accommodate address change requests very close to the end of your lease.