The following are important phone numbers for your utility companies. You will want to call or set up a new account online at least 2 weeks prior to move-in to ensure the services are activated when you move in. We recommend you request uninterrupted service for power.
Please remember, it is your responsibility to set up your utilities.
Ameren IP (Electricity and Gas)
How to set up a new Ameren account:
- Begin by registering for a residential online account by creating a UserID and Password
- You will receive an email that will allow you to continue the registration process
- Next, select the option to start new service and follow the steps to turn on your service
How do I get my power turned on? You can apply for electric and gas service online. You will need the following information to apply for service:
Primary account holder name
Service address where the service is to be turned on
Home phone number
Alternative phone number (if applicable)
Social Security Number
Name of Spouse (if applicable)
Mailing address, if different than the service address
Effective date you would like the service to be turned on
How do I apply for service?
Ameren needs positive identification in the form of a Social Security Number (SSN) to open an Ameren Illinois account in your name online. Ameren Illinois requires this information to protect our customers from criminal acts of identification fraud.
If you do not have an SSN, please call your Ameren Illinois Customer Care Center to arrange for proof of identification to establish service.
If you have an SSN, you can start services by using the online options.
Illinois American Water
How to set up a new American Water account:
- Make sure you know your resident address. If you are having difficulties finding your service address, enter the street name only without prefix or suffix. (Example: enter Main for E Main St)
- Fill out the spaces as thoroughly as possible with your information.
- In the Home for Activation section, select from the following options. You DO NOT have to be present when activating the service.
- Please read the Liability Consent and select the options.
- Choose the date you would like to activate the service. It’s highly recommended to start the service at least 2 WEEKS before the move-in date to ensure you have water in the apartment on time.
- Review the service summary and submit the service request.
- Make sure to have a copy of the service request confirmation for reference.
Comcast (Cable TV)
303 E. Fairlawn Drive, Urbana, IL 61801
Reynolds Towing (Vehicle Towing)
217-337-0913 or 1-800-242-8694 reynoldstowinginc.com
1417 W Kenyon Rd, Urbana, IL 61801
Police & Fire: